Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Yosemite Vacation


My first trip to Yosemite with my parents and family. What an amazing place that I will have to visit again and again. I was lucky enough to have some time to do a few color sketches.


It rained the first couple of days that we were there : ( I decided I needed to paint something, so this is the view looking out from the kitchen. Both are painted with acrylics and a dab of white gouache. This took about 1 hour and 15 min.



This river is just off the hiking trail to Vernal Falls. Ah...so much to paint, so little time. There should be a lot of trees and smaller boulders painted in the background, but it was time to go. About 1 hour.



Here watching my back while I'm painting is my 19 month old bodyguard. Watch out he's got a stick and makes a manly growl.

No comments: