Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sutro Baths Lookout

Last Sundays plein air study at Lands End in San Francisco, looking south towards the Sutro Baths lookout. It was one of those days where the color and light changes frequently and the scene you are painting looks completely different from when you start to when you finish. It's a good thing that I had a fairly clear vision of the final state. Otherwise you can end up chasing and correcting your painting based on how the color and light changes, which usually ends up a disaster.

7 comments:

(pea-the-lay) said...

I think this is by far one of your best paintings in terms of color! :D

CAMERON *LEVEL UP*

"use less white"
-CC

lol

Cameron Chun said...

Thanks! P-to-the-Tuh : ) So far it's my fave plein air painting for the year. I might have to do a larger painting of this one.

Sergio Lopez said...

This one's really nice!

Taylor Lambert said...

Really beautiful Cameron!! I'm jealous man!

Cameron Chun said...

- Sergio!! Thanks man, I'll try to make it to your new show.

- Taylor, it's just mileage man : ) In fact I need a lot more to get to the next level.

Tseng wei said...

i really like this one, and there is a heart shape on the rock.

Cameron Chun said...

Thx Tseng! What can I say I heart Lands End. It's one of my favorite places to paint.