Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Petaluma Plein Air

8th North Bay Plein Air Painters paint-out in Petluma in some very challenging conditions. Starting out that day it was a cold and gray. Then the sun broke though the clouds and created some of the most beautiful lighting circumstances. Unfortunately the light was very fleeting and seemed to change every time I looked up from my palette. I'm not too pleased with how this turned out so when I got home I decided to paint another one with more of the darker feeling that I initially wanted to capture. Not sure if it's working yet but here it is.

We also met up with Alfredo Tofanelli who is an instructor with the Atelier aux Couleurs in Petaluma. Alfredo was kind enough to invite us to his studio and have some refreshments for us while we chatted about painting.




No comments: